The Busselton Camera Club coordinates the Photo Competition at the Busselton Show.
There are Sections for both adults and children.
Further details will be provided closer to the scheduled event.
156th Annual Busselton Show
Location: Churchill Park, Busselton
Date: To be confirmed.
Photography Competition Fee: $1.00 per entry, per class
Prize Money: to be advised
To view categories click on the following attachments:
Part E: The Peter Watson Trophy
Native WA Orchid – must be in its natural habitat.
In memory of Jean Clayton, a very keen photographer and well-liked Busselton and WA identity.
Jean was very involved with the local camera club for many years and was often rewarded for her excellent work. She won places in State-wide and National photographic competitions. One of Jean’s favourite subjects was ‘Native Orchids’. Sadly, Jean passed away in early 2002.
If there are any Club Members who would
like some mentoring to help with their Show entries,
give Glenda a call on 9754 2424.
Handy Hints for Getting Great Photographs
- Read the 'Special Regulations'.
- Keep your photographs simple.
- Be aware always of what is in the back ground before you take the photo.
- Think about light (best shots are taken before 10am and after 4pm when the light is softer).
- Get close to your subject to avoid using the zoom - your image will be sharper.
- Make sure your horizon is level.
- Macro images will always be sharper when you use a tripod to steady your shot.
- Use the designated scene settings on your camera (if you don't have manual settings on your camera), eg. portrait, landscape, sunset, macro etc.